Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic practice called ‘kavala’ or ‘gandusha’. It involves swishing and then spitting out an oil – usually coconut or sesame, in the morning. The principle is to remove toxins from the body through the oral cavity and saliva.
Our Fresh Mint Oil Pulling helps detox the oral cavity, removes odour and toxins, and gives you whiter teeth naturally. We use virgin coconut oil because of it’s wonderfully high content of anti-microbial medium-chain triglycerides, and it’s relatively mild taste, and mouth-friendly consistency. We infuse with the refreshing goodness of peppermint, cinnamon and clove – for oral and general health (3).
A daily swish and swirl in the morning will detox your body through the oral cavity. Sounds strange, but it’s true! A wonderful natural alternative to chlorohexidine containing mouth-washes, SLES (the foam in your toothpaste) and chemical additives (2).
Instructions for use:
- *In the morning, on an empty stomach, take 10 ml in the mouth (3 oil-spoons)
- *Gently swirl in the mouth for 15-20 minutes
- *The oil will become as thin as saliva in no time
- *Spit out. DO NOT SWALLOW.
- *Follow up with brushing (try a neem or mango stick occasionally if you have that luxury!)
- *Wash your mouth with water after.
- *Make sure you clean the sink properly so that it does not clog (especially in wintery/cold climates)
Ingredients: raw, cold-processed virgin coconut oil (Cocos nucifera), steam-distilled peppermint oil (Mentha piperita), Organic cinnamon bark (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), organic Clove (Syzygium aromaticum)
Net. Quantity: 140 ml